UN condemns Belarusian subway station bombingApril 14th, 2011 - 7:31 am ICT by IANS
United Nations, April 14 (IANS) The UN Security Council has “condemned in the strongest terms the apparent terrorist attack” in Belarusian capital city Minsk which occurred Monday and killed 12 people while leaving many others as injured.
“The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed,” Xinhua cited a Security Council press statement as stating.
The Council reiterated, in the statement, its “determination to combat all forms of terrorism, in accordance with its responsibilities under the Charter of the United Nations”.
The explosion, which occurred at the main “Oktyabrskaya” subway station Monday as people were coming off trains during the evening rush hour, killed 12 and injured about 200 others.
Belarus declared Wednesday a day of mourning for those killed in Monday’s bombing.
- UN Security Council condemns Iraq terror attacks - Sep 12, 2012
- UNSC condemns Delhi attack; vows to combat terror - Sep 08, 2011
- UNSC condemns former Afghan president's killing - Sep 22, 2011
- UN Security Council condemns bomb attacks in Nigeria - Nov 06, 2011
- UN condemns attack on Israeli embassy staffer - Feb 24, 2012
- UN Security Council strongly condemns wave of attacks in Iraq - Sep 13, 2012
- 69 die in Nigeria attacks, UN condemns it (Lead) - Nov 06, 2011
- Rush-hour metro blast jolts Belarusian capital, kills 11 (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- 11 dead in Minsk metro blast: Belarus president (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Belarusian President Lukashenko says Minsk bombing case is solved - Apr 14, 2011
- US condemns 'heinous' bombing in Belarus - Apr 13, 2011
- Minsk Metro station blast toll rises to 13 - Apr 15, 2011
- Seven dead in Minsk metro blast - Apr 12, 2011
- Belarus court gives death to Minsk metro bombers - Nov 30, 2011
- Suspects arrested over deadly bomb blast at Belarus metro station - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: acts of terrorism, april 14, charter of the united nations, explosion, forms of terrorism, international peace, manifestations, members of the security council, minsk, motivation, oktyabrskaya, rush hour, subway station, terrorist attack, threats to international peace and security, trains, un security council, united nations, xinhua