UKs oldest triplets celebrate their 81st bdayJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): Britain’’s oldest surviving triplets have celebrated their 81st birthday together.
Identical Idwal, Ivor and Morgan Llewellyn, toasted Wednesday night during a visit to their local pub.
Surprisingly, the 81-year-old triplets, who were born in 1928, have same receding hairline and same smiles.
The triplets, who are still hail and hearty, revealed that their mother Emmy and father Daniel were taken aback when they were born, as they were expecting only one child.
The triplets caused a stir when they were born in the Rhondda Valley in South Wales.
When their mother took them a mile to see their grandparents, the journey took five hours in her specially made pram because so many people wanted a look at them.
They were also nicknamed “Trip” at school because people could not tell them apart and they even had same interests and tastes.
“From the day we were born our mother was known as the Triplets Mam and we were always called Trip at school. Our pram was specially made and mam dressed us in the same clothes,” The Telegraph quoted Ivor, a widower, as saying.
The triplets are a close-knit family and still make it a point to meet often, as they still live within 20 miles of each other in the South Wales valleys.
“Family is really important to us and we like to meet up as often as we can. Nothing has changed for us as we have got older. We are still as close as ever. We still feel young when we are together, Ivor added. (ANI)
- Meet Britains 80-year-old triplets! - Jan 20, 2008
- Olympic Countdown has begun. It is Day 0. - Jul 27, 2012
- Montana cow gives birth to triplets - Apr 23, 2011
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge settle for budget Flybe seats - Aug 02, 2011
- New book from Ruskin Bond on his birthday - May 19, 2011
- Couple jailed for 7yrs for holding five Thai women as sex slaves - Dec 18, 2010
- American couple welcomes identical triplets - Oct 17, 2008
- Triplets born at 33 weeks, on third anniversary on Sept 30! - Oct 09, 2009
- Dara Singh - the champion loses his final fight (Obituary) - Jul 12, 2012
- British mom delivers rare identical triplets - Aug 05, 2012
- Woman gives birth after lying upside down for 75 days - Mar 09, 2012
- 190,000-pound bridge to help mice cross road - Aug 25, 2010
- Mujhe Aunty Mat Kehna! - Farah Khan - May 19, 2010
- Why can't wives cook the mothers' way - Mar 16, 2012
- Premature, underweight triplets doing well - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: clothes, emmy, father daniel, grandparents, hail, ivor, llewellyn, local pub, london jan, mam, pram, receding hairline, rhondda valley, smiles, south wales valleys, tastes, telegraph, triplets, wednesday night, widower