UK school stirs row over teachers’ Muslim dress orderNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:08 am ICT by admin
School principal Sally Bloomer also issued instructions that the morming assembly would be open to all parents, but said that dads would be barred from a women-only party in the afternoon because Muslim husbands object to wives mixing with other men.
The tabloid reported that just two members of the staff - a part-time teacher and a teaching assistant - are Muslim.
Bloomer rejected charges of selective racism, saying that she was yet to receive complaints for her initiatives.
“I have not heard of any complaints. It’s all part of a diversity project to promote multi-culturalism,” she contended. (ANI)
- British schools send off 900 violent pupils each day - Jul 30, 2011
- Bengal to recruit 46,000 teachers: Mamata - Jun 09, 2011
- Teacher in topless photo scandal is back! - Oct 09, 2011
- "People will pay for what has been done to Pak," 7/7 mastermind indoctrinated pupil - Feb 15, 2011
- A British school where pupils speak 31 languages - Jun 09, 2012
- Brit school rocked by art teacher's topless photographs - Apr 01, 2011
- No swimming, sex education - British county's Ramadan guidelines - Jul 12, 2010
- Australia to unveil new Multiculturalism Policy to tackle racial discrimination - Feb 16, 2011
- Brit pupils as young as six subject teachers to sexual abuse - Aug 16, 2010
- Quicker pensions for retiring Bengal teachers: Mamata - Jun 03, 2011
- Computer games could be turning your kid violent - Jul 26, 2012
- Teacher shocks pupils with wild posts on Facebook - Feb 09, 2012
- Computer games making Brit kids fall asleep in school - Mar 09, 2011
- British teachers want toilet-trained pupils - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian head teacher sues UK school after 'bloody Indian', 'Paki lover' slurs - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: bloomer, christian backgrounds, dads, diversity project, garb, initiatives, multi culturalism, muslim dress, part time, pupil, racism, sally, school principal, stirs, sun children, tabloid, teaching assistant, time teacher