UK police issue warning as boa constrictor goes on the looseAugust 1st, 2010 - 5:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 1 (ANI): Police in the UK issued a warning to the residents to be on their guard after a two-metre long boa constrictor escaped from its owner’s house in Essex.
The snake, believed to be called Diago, escaped from the bathroom window of the property in Barnfield, Wickford.
Although the reptile’s bite is not poisonous, constrictors do bite if attacked and can wrap themselves around their prey, squeezing them to death.
However the missing snake is not fully grown, and the owner described the reptile as a “danger to small animals.”
Officers said anyone who spots it should call emergency services and not go near the creature, reports Sky News.
A statement from the Essex force said: “The boa constrictor snake escaped from a bathroom window on July 30 and its owner has been unable to locate it.”
“Police are searching the local area and have notified people in the neighbourhood to be aware of the missing snake.”
It is possible the breeding season could have encouraged the reptile to go out hunting and it may have left the town, reports said. (ANI)
- Snake that bit model did not die from silicone poisoning - Mar 19, 2011
- Snake dies of silicone poisoning after biting model's 'enhanced' breast - Mar 15, 2011
- Snake dies after biting silicone breast - Mar 15, 2011
- McDonalds snake wrestling incident leads to the arrest of 2 men - Sep 10, 2010
- Camper loses his pet boa constrictor at County Park - Jun 21, 2011
- British family shares home with 80 animals - Nov 27, 2010
- Snake stuns scientists by giving 'virgin' births - Nov 10, 2010
- World's deadliest snake found in Essex - Aug 31, 2012
- Boa constrictor has 'virgin birth' - Nov 04, 2010
- Snake dies of silicone poisoning after biting model's breasts - Mar 15, 2011
- Egyptian cobra escapes from Bronx zoo - Mar 29, 2011
- Now, an all India guide map on snakes - Mar 15, 2012
- Crocodile, boa constrictor seized at Mexican market - Jul 27, 2011
- Three rare snakes rescued, three held - Nov 09, 2011
- How do snakes climb a vertical surface without slipping? - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: august 1, bathroom window, boa constrictor snake, constrictors, emergency services, essex, hunting, local area, loose london, neighbourhood, police issue, prey, reptile, sky news, small animals, uk police, wickford