UK keeping close watch on Karachi blastsNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:02 am ICT by admin
An appeal to all member countries by the UN Security Council to cooperate with the Pakistan Government is said to have encouraged London to continue to probe the possibility of sending its own investigators to Pakistan and providing technical help, The Sunday Telegraph reported.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said that any request for help would have to be made via the Foreign Office.
An FCO spokesman said: “We have not yet been contacted by the Pakistani government but any request for assistance would be given careful consideration.”
According to the newspaper, Benazir has asked Pakistan Interior Ministry to seek help from Scotland Yard.
“I have written to the Pakistan Ministry of Interior, asking them to get Scotland Yard to assist,” the Dawn quoted her, as saying.
“I have done this because Pakistan lacks the scientific capabilities to make such an investigation and to identify not just the perpetrators but the financiers and sponsors,” she added. (ANI)
- Boeing offers to assist Pakistan in crash probe - Apr 21, 2012
- Zardari again scuttling UN probe into Benazir killing? - Apr 14, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- UN probe into Bhutto killing not to be reopened - Apr 01, 2010
- Musharraf's arrest warrant in Benazir murder case sent to UK Foreign Affairs Dept. - Mar 10, 2011
- Musharraf included in Benazir murder investigation - Nov 23, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto's BlackBerry phones found - Feb 04, 2011
- UN probe team on Benazir killing barred from meeting military officers - Dec 31, 2009
- Benazir murder: UN probe team in Pakistan - Feb 02, 2010
- Investigation agencies must disclose names of Benazir's killers: Qureshi - Jan 02, 2011
- Pakistan taps Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Mar 01, 2012
- Musharraf sent questionnaire on Benazir Bhutto murder - Dec 24, 2010
- Top ISI official provided content for Benazir murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Musharraf sent questionnaire over security lapse in Benazir Bhutto's assassination - Dec 24, 2010
- Malik takes U-turn over quizzing Musharraf on Benazir murder case - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: benazir, careful consideration, christina lamb, close watch, fco, financiers, interior ministry, karachi, lacks, member countries, ministry of interior, pakistan government, pakistani government, perpetrators, scotland yard, spokesman, sunday telegraph, technical help, uk journalist, victoria schofield