UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slotNovember 28th, 2010 - 3:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov.28 (ANI): A radical Muslim, who led the banned group al-Muhajiroun, is to be handed his own program on Britain’s Channel 4 amid claims that Islamists have been allowed to monopolise the broadcaster’s coverage.
Anjem Choudary, who was also involved with the banned group Islam4UK which planned a protest march through Wootton Bassett, will have free reign to give his views during an edition of the channel’s daily opinion slot, known as 4thought.tv.
Choudary, who has described the 9/11 bombers as ‘magnificent martyrs’, will be allowed to broadcast his program on December 5.
He is expected to saythat British Muslims are ‘persecuted’, The Telegraph reports.
Meanwhile, the counter-terrorism think-tank Quilliam has written to Channel 4 CEO David Abraham, to complain about airtime already given to radical Muslims during the series.
It claimed that 4thought.tv had failed to properly identify the ideological allegiances of presenters and that a disproportionate amount of time had been given to extremists.
Talal Rajab, from Quilliam, said: “Given the profoundly negative impact that al-Muhajiroun and Islam4UK have had on the social cohesion of the UK, it is highly inappropriate for a mainstream public broadcaster to be providing such a popular platform for their fanatical views.
He added: “We therefore urge Channel 4 to reconsider airing Anjem Choudary’s film, and to aspire to feature a more representative and moderate portrayal of Islam in all future programming.”
Choudary told The Sunday Telegraph: “Quilliam are sycophants on the British Government payroll, and it is in their own interest to criticise people like ourselves who are calling for sharia and being normal Muslims.
“It did not surprise me to be invited to take part in the program.” (ANI)
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
- Radical UK preacher warns of more attacks as Britain bans Islam4UK - Jan 13, 2010
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary warns UK of another 7/7 type attack after Laden's death - May 03, 2011
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary used rented railway viaduct arch as headquarter - Dec 26, 2010
- 187,000 Facebookers oppose Islamist march through British town - Jan 04, 2010
- New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7 - Aug 01, 2010
- Fanatics march in UK war heroes' town - Jan 02, 2010
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary to pen 'sick' letters to families of dead British soldiers - Jan 03, 2010
- American Flag Burning Planned By UK Based Muslim Radicals - Sep 11, 2010
- Brit hate cleric tells Queen to turn Muslim and ensure her place in paradise! - Oct 19, 2009
- Brit hate preacher Anjem Choudary's terror network exposed - Jan 15, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- Islamic group launches poster campaign against Christmas - Dec 24, 2010
- UK bans controversial Islamist group - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: airtime, al muhajiroun, allegiances, anjem choudary, bassett, british government, british muslims, counter terrorism, david abraham, free reign, government payroll, martyrs, negative impact, protest march, public broadcaster, rajab, sharia, social cohesion, sunday telegraph, sycophants