UK hate preacher demands Koran-bashing author’s trial under sharia courtSeptember 4th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep. 4 (ANI): British hate preacher Anjem Choudary has controversially demanded capital punishment for Koran-bashing author Sebastian Faulks if he is found guilty under sharia law.”Mr Faulks was extremely naive for what he said and it could have some grave consequence for him. Someone like this needs to be assessed in an Islamic court of law and if he’s found guilty then there would be capital punishment,” the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
“Just as we chopping the hand off a thief and stoning the adulterer, we have for the one who insults the Prophet the death penalty,” he added.
Last week, Faulks had attracted Muslim community’s wrath by describing Koran as “the rantings of a schizophrenic” and “very disappointing from a literary point of view”.
Faulks, the author of James Bond novel Devil May Care, had said that the words of Prophet Mohammed were “one-dimensional”, and had criticised the Koran for not telling stories, like the Old Testament.
Although Faulks has apologised for calling Koran the “rantings of a schizophrenic,” Islam4UK a radical group associated with Choudary posted an article on its website entitled, “Sebastian Faulks on a Death Wish?”"May Allah punish the oppressors and deal with the slanderers,” it added.
Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens, of the Centre for Social Cohesion, said: “Choudary and his followers are seeking to impose their will on the population of this country through subversion and incitement to violence. “The weakness of Choudary’s fascist ideology could not be better illustrated than by his inability to provide an intellectual response to criticism, instead resorting to veiled threats and intimidation.”However, Faulks declined to comment. His spokeswoman said: “He apologises if his comments about the Koran have offended Muslims.” ANI)
- Koran-bashing author warned of 'severe consequences' by British Muslim community - Aug 25, 2009
- Best selling Brit author says Koran has 'no ethics' - Aug 23, 2009
- Al-Qaeda leader's tour of Britain 'radicalised a generation of young Muslims' - Nov 06, 2010
- Mushrooming extremist websites emerging biggest global terror threat: Interpol Chief - Sep 22, 2010
- Brit Muslim cleric warns royal wedding 'prime target' of al-Qaeda, aspiring 'jihadis' - Apr 26, 2011
- Fanatic calls for freeing Muslim inmates from UK jails - Apr 14, 2009
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- Cheryl Cole in danger after Afghanistan visit? - Sep 18, 2011
- Radical Islamist preacher warns of fresh terror attacks across Europe - Jan 02, 2011
- France puts burqua ban into effect - Apr 11, 2011
- Islamic Sharia law zones set up across Britain - Jul 28, 2011
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot - Nov 28, 2010
- Writer, intellectual Christopher Hitchens dies of cancer - Dec 16, 2011
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,