UK hate cleric urges Muslims to ‘issue fatwas’ against Cameron, MayJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): London based hate cleric Anjem Choudary has urged Muslims to issue a ‘fatwa’ against British Prime Minister David Cameron and Home Secretary Theresa May.
Choudary branded both leaders as the biggest enemies of Muslims in government because of their opposition to the relaxation of control orders for terror suspects.
“I know that there is going to be a campaign that addresses the Government directly, Theresa May and David Cameron, and challenges them to say, ‘What is the real relationship with the Muslim community?” the Daily Star quoted him, as saying.
“I think it’s time we challenged them and I can envisage people issuing fatwas against people like Theresa May and David Cameron,” Choudary added.
Earlier this month, he had warned British authorities about further terrorist attacks similar to 9/11.
Choudary’s friend Izadeen, who described the 7/7 bombers as “completely praiseworthy”, has already served time for terrorism-related offences. In April 2008 he was jailed for four-and-a-half years after being charged with supporting terrorism. He was released in May 2009. (ANI)
- Brit Muslim cleric warns royal wedding 'prime target' of al-Qaeda, aspiring 'jihadis' - Apr 26, 2011
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary warns UK of another 7/7 type attack after Laden's death - May 03, 2011
- Cheryl Cole in danger after Afghanistan visit? - Sep 18, 2011
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot - Nov 28, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
- 'Fatwa' issued against British home secretary - Jan 29, 2011
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
- Radical UK Muslims' secret conference scrapped following cops' intervention - Nov 29, 2010
- New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7 - Aug 01, 2010
- American Flag Burning Planned By UK Based Muslim Radicals - Sep 11, 2010
- British group to burn US flag protesting Quran burning - Sep 09, 2010
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary warns Ed Miliband over his views on Israel - Oct 03, 2010
- Lebanese authorities arrest Islamist hate cleric Omar Bakri following life sentence - Nov 15, 2010
- Mumbai terror attack inspirer Naik spreading 'hate messages' via satellite TV in UK - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: biggest enemies, bombers, british authorities, british prime minister, cleric, daily star, david cameron, fatwa, fatwas, half years, home secretary, london jan, minister david, muslim community, muslims, opposition, relaxation, terrorism, terrorist attacks, theresa may