UK council slammed for advertising for 40K pound ‘recession support coordinator’ jobMarch 26th, 2009 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.26 (ANI): The Gloucestershire County Council has been slammed for advertising for a “Recession Support Coordinator” - with a salary of up to 39,999 pounds. The position is taxpayer-funded position and involves identifying how the recession is affecting the community, reports The Telegraph.
The move has sparked criticism in a county where more than 2,000 people have been made redundant since last October.
The advert for the position, posted on several websites, states: “Recession is making most of us feel the pinch. For some of us, it means losing our job, our home and our health. You can make a difference by working with a wide range of service providers to identify the impacts of recession on local people and agree what action to take.”
The advert does not specify whether or not a prospective candidate needs any economic or business-based background or qualifications, but does state: “You will be flexible, organised and able to work with very senior people to negotiate clear actions to support local people.”
The role is advertised as a 12-month, fixed-term contract, suitable for “degree-educated” applicants with a full driving licence.
Mark Wallace, campaign director for the TaxPayers’ Alliance, said: “This is a big bill for local taxpayers to have to bear, precisely because we’re in the middle of a recession. The council should be trying to save money and reduce costs so they can cut council tax and help the local economy.” (ANI)
- UK taxpayers' money being spent on hookers? - Aug 16, 2010
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Extends Its Deadline Till April 18 For Taxpayers - Jan 05, 2011
- Air India strike cruel joke on tax payers: Omar - May 08, 2012
- Let flat girls get boob jobs on Medicare, say Oz surgeons - Nov 21, 2010
- UK council workers visit Facebook more than their own website! - Dec 24, 2010
- Fury as Brit students as young as 5 are taught about sex in an explicit way - Mar 09, 2011
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- Lessons for Brit girls on how to walk in heels branded 'a silly gimmick' - Jun 09, 2010
- Baroness Warsi used taxpayer-funded Pak trip to attend lavish family wedding - Apr 16, 2011
- Budget sops welcomed by young and old alike - Feb 28, 2011
- Chandigarh region records 38 percent income tax growth - May 18, 2011
- New York taxpayers' to pay for rapist' heart transplant! - Apr 24, 2011
- Improve interface with small tax payers, pensioners: President - Jul 15, 2011
- Indian-origin gov Nikki Haley makes up with 'Army Wives' a year on - Mar 15, 2011
- Experts call for tighter regulations on food ads during kids' TV viewing - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: advert, campaign director, driving licence, economy, fixed term contract, gloucestershire county council, Health Science, impacts of recession, london, losing our job, mark wallace, money, prospective candidate, salary, service providers, support coordinator, taxpayers alliance, telegraph