UK cops couldn’t comment on Asian sex gangs for fear of appearing racistJanuary 12th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 12 (ANI): Police in Britain have revealed that they could not speak out about the Asian sex gangs working in UK because they were afraid of appearing “institutionally racist”.
Mick Gradwell, a former detective superintendent, said the targeting of underage and vulnerable girls had been going on for decades.
“You have girls being abused and raped and yet the most senior officers are refusing to comment on it. On what other subject would you get that?” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
“How many young girls have been abused and raped because of the reluctance of the authorities to say exactly what is happening?” he asked.
Gradwell spoke out following a trial in Derby which resulted in Abid Saddique, 27, and Mohammed Liaqat, 28, being jailed for a total of 19 years after targeting underage girls.
“When I joined in 1979 one of my first tasks was to police around a Blackburn nightclub where one of the issues was Asian men cruising around in BMWs and Mercs trying to pick up young drunken girls,” he said.
“The main pressure police have is being called institutionally racist if they highlight a crime trend like this.
“There’s a fantastic reluctance to be absolutely straight because some people may take such offence,” he added.
His warning follows the arrests of a gang of Asian men over claims they plied 14 white girls with drink and drugs before turning them into sex slaves in Rochdale, near Manchester. (ANI)
- More Asian sex predators held in Britain - Jan 12, 2011
- Asian men jailed in UK for grooming young girls to become sex slaves - Nov 27, 2010
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- Asian gang of 'sexual predators' in UK raped girls as young as 12 - Nov 25, 2010
- Jail for Asian gang of 'sexual predators' in UK - Jan 08, 2011
- Asian sex gang threatens to hunt schoolgirls who helped put them in jail - Jan 19, 2011
- Evil UK culture responsible for Asian sex gang attacks: Hate preacher - Jan 17, 2011
- Pakistani gang jailed for raping 50 white British girls - May 09, 2012
- British minister slams Pakistani men's mentality - May 19, 2012
- 'First-cousin marriages behind Brit-Pak men seeking sex with vulnerable young white girls' - Mar 18, 2011
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- Brit-Pakistani rape convicts jailed, banned from being alone with under-age girls - Jan 17, 2011
- First-cousin marriages blamed for sex crimes by Pakistani men in UK - Jan 30, 2011
- 11 Asian men face sexual abuse charges in Britain - Feb 22, 2012
- Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: 19 years, asian men, asian sex, bmws, crime trend, daily mail, drunken girls, gangs, gradwell, london jan, mercs, mohammed, reluctance, rochdale, sex slaves, uk cops, underage girls, white girls, working in uk, young girls