UFO over Lafayette, Colorado, caught on cameraMarch 29th, 2011 - 3:46 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 29 (ANI): A strange triangular formation of red lights over Lafayette, Colorado, which was caught on camera, has left many spooked and wondering if it was a UFO.
Leroy van der Vegt and his son Nick captured the sight on camera, and the unidentified red lights did not blink but were in a triangular shape as they hovered in the sky.
“It was completely quiet. No noise at all,” ABC News quoted van der Vegt as saying.
He doesn’t know what it was but he is sure that what he saw was not a satellite, helicopter or airplane.
He said the triangle eventually headed northeast and the lights faded.
Lester Valdez and all of his neighbours saw the unidentified lights.
“I have never witnessed anything like that,” Valdez said.
He said they looked like tiny, bright alien ships from ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’.
“It was exactly something like that where you see an object and they all got into a pattern and they stood in a pattern, and they all moved in a direction and then they pretty much dropped and that was it,” Valdez said.
Sceptics like Lafayette residents Katie and Kevin Caron say there must be a reasonable explanation for the lights that doesn’t involve little green men.
“There’s a lot of things you can’t explain but the idea of it being an alien spacecraft is pretty wacky,” Kevin added. (ANI)
- UFO seen over California? - May 31, 2011
- Interesting Pumpkins carving patterns for Halloween - Oct 11, 2010
- Mexican boxer Valdez feeling no Olympics pressure - Jul 24, 2012
- Dutch have no worries upfront, but defence vulnerable - Jun 02, 2012
- Fox News: Joran van der Sloot lied during confession - Jun 11, 2010
- Euro 2012: Last chance to change for Dutch team - Jun 16, 2012
- Hugh Grant almost finished with acting - Apr 05, 2012
- Ajax title party delayed despite win over FC Twente - Apr 30, 2012
- Olympics: South Africa's Van Der Burgh sets world record in 100m breaststroke - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican's Senate candidacy axed for anti-women statement - Mar 19, 2012
- Universe holds more stars than sand grains on earth - Dec 02, 2010
- I'm not like my 'Gossip Girl' character: Blake Lively - May 28, 2011
- Fergie ready to offer Dutch keeper role in Man U management - Dec 10, 2010
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan wins bronze, Saina advances (Intro Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Tiny clays curb giant earthquakes - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: abc news, airplane, alien ships, alien spacecraft, caron, close encounters of the third kind, helicopter, lafayette colorado, lafayette residents, little green men, neighbours, sky, triangle, triangular formation, triangular shape, ufo