UAE’s Fujairah pardons 45 prisonersJuly 22nd, 2012 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Fujairah, July 21 (IANS/WAM) The emirate of Fujairah Saturday pardoned 45 prisoners for showing good behaviour while serving their jail terms.
Fujairah ruler Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi ordered their release to mark the advent of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Recently, the rulers of Ajman and Umm Al Qaiwain also ordered the release of more than 80 prisoners in total.
Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, ruler of Ajman, ordered the release of 52 prisoners, while Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla, ruler of Umm al-Qaiwain, freed 30 prisoners from punitive and reformative institutions.
All three rulers expressed hope that this will give the released prisoners the opportunity to join their families and live the rest of their lives as good individuals.
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE emirate to release 162 prisoners in Ramadan - Aug 01, 2011
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- Ajman ruler issues decree on e-Government - Jun 17, 2012
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- UAE emirate to upgrade oil storage capacity - Jun 29, 2012
- Indian sports complex's foundation laid in UAE - Jan 12, 2011
- UAE officials meet envoys - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah emirate to step up petroleum facilities - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: advent, emirate, fujairah, good behaviour, holy month of ramadan, institutions, jail terms, mohammed al sharqi, month of ramadan, mu, pardons, prisoners, ramadan, rashid al nuaimi, ruler, rulers, sheikh saud, uae, vd