UAE zoo offers special safari for kidsMarch 1st, 2012 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Feb 29 (IANS/WAM) A zoo in Al Ain city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will offer a fun-packed zoo safari for children this spring.
Organised by the Education Centre, the “Spring Safari” will give children the opportunity to explore and learn about wildlife and nature at the Al Ain zoo.
The first safari will begin March 25-29, and the second will take place April 1-5.
In the safari, children will engage in activities like zoo-keeping, arts and crafts, recycling and team-building exercises.
Children will also get to enjoy guided tours at the Elezba petting zoo where they can feed giraffes as well as other animals.
An official said the zoo was not only committed to preserving and protecting wildlife in the UAE, but also to educate the community, especially children, who are the future inheritors of the planet.
- World's heaviest book displayed in UAE - Aug 22, 2012
- UAE prince gives 10,000 date palm seedlings - Jul 22, 2012
- Fire at UAE building - Aug 22, 2012
- South Korean media delegation visits UAE - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE, Australia discuss ties - Aug 25, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE minister attends Indian church service - Mar 11, 2012
- UAE charity helps poor Palestinians - Aug 19, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- UAE volunteers celebrate Eid with Syrian refugees - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE-funded bridge in Pakistan to open next week - Mar 10, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, ain city, al ain zoo, animals, april 1, arts and crafts, education centre, feb 29, march 25, petting zoo, protecting wildlife, recycling, spring safari, team building exercises, united arab emirates, vd, wam, zoo safari