UAE volunteers celebrate Eid with Syrian refugeesAugust 20th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 20 (IANS/WAM) Volunteers from the UAE celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr with displaced Syrians living in refugee camps in Jordan.
The volunteers, sent by the Zayed Giving Initiative, organised various events and distributed gifts to celebrate Eid, drawing smiles on the faces of Syrian children who fled their homes in the wake of the crisis in their country.
The initiative was supervised by the “One Million Volunteers Campaign”, launched in 2009 by Sheikha Fatima, chairperson of the General Women’s Union and of the Family Development Foundation.
The Eid celebrations were jointly organised by the General Women’s Union, the UAE embassy in Amman, the UAE Red Crescent and its Jordanian counterpart.
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE mobile hospital treats Syrian refugees in Jordan - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE charity helps 1 mn people - May 10, 2012
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE team in Pakistan to vaccinate over 2 mn kids - Feb 21, 2011
- UAE helps Syrian girl get medical treatment - Aug 28, 2012
- Emirati volunteers celebrate Eid with Somali kids - Nov 07, 2011
- UAE to provide health services to Syrian refugees in Jordan - Aug 05, 2012
- Muslim women MPs meet in Indonesia - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE charity helps poor Palestinians - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- Pay salaries before Eid-ul-Fitr, says UAE PM - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,