UAE to take part in London book conferenceAugust 20th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Sharjah, Aug 20 (IANS/WAM) The UAE will take part in an international conference on books for young people to be held in London.
The four-day 33rd International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) conference will be held Aug 23-26.
The UAE Board on Books for Young People (UAEBBY) led by its president, Sheikha Bodour Bint Sultan Al Qasimi, will take part in the meet.
The conference will bring together the IBBY’s 77 chapters from across the globe to discuss future strategies for increasing the quality of printing and translation and enable greater access to children’s books.
Established in 1953, the Switzerland-based IBBY represents an international network of people from all over the world who are committed to encourage the culture of reading and learning.
- UAE initiative to buy 20,000 books - Apr 29, 2010
- Arab-Chinese business meet kicks off in Sharjah - Jan 19, 2012
- UAE, US hold talks - Jan 17, 2012
- UAE, China seek to boost trade ties - May 25, 2012
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- Bangladeshi Nobel laureate meets Sharjah ruler - May 10, 2012
- UAE minister meets foreign trade officials - May 04, 2012
- UAE, Western Australia keen to boost commercial cooperation - Jun 04, 2011
- UAE president hails Indian community's contribution (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- Sharjah to develop heritage project - May 22, 2010
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- Over 540 prisoners set free in UAE - Jan 25, 2011
- UAE leader meets US envoy - Feb 29, 2012