UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for YemenJune 21st, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, June 21 (IANS/WAM) A nationwide campaign to raise donations to counter food shortage in Yemen will be launched in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) June 29.
The campaign will be launched by the Red Crescent Authority in cooperation with the Khalifa Bin Zayed Humanitarian Foundation and the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Foundation.
The campaign aims to raise donations to help improve the humanitarian situation in Yemen. It follows a grant of 500 million dirhams ($136 million) to Yemen by UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan as food aid.
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE charity to distribute food aid in Yemen - Jun 23, 2012
- UAE sends humanitarian aid for Libyans - Apr 02, 2011
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE charity sends five tonnes of dates to India - Mar 31, 2012
- UAE constructs village for Mongolian Muslims - Jul 12, 2011
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- Dubai charity donates $4 mn for Pakistani flood victims - Sep 06, 2010
- UAE to launch campaign for Horn of Africa's drought-hit - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, bin rashid al maktoum, charity foundation, dg, food aid, food shortage, humanitarian foundation, humanitarian situation, june 21, khalifa bin zayed, mohammed bin rashid, mohammed bin rashid al maktoum, president sheikh khalifa, rashid al maktoum, red crescent, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, uae president, united arab emirates, zayed al nahyan