UAE to adopt new strategy for island issuesApril 22nd, 2012 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 21 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has plans to adopt a new political strategy to handle issue of its islands, occupied by Iran.
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Mohammed Gargash has called on Iran to enter into negotiations with the UAE over the three islands, and to refrain from using arrogant language.
“The UAE today is not that small injured baby which born on 2nd December 1971 rather it’s a key State with huge potentials,” said Gargash while calling on Iran to be a mature state and to take into consideration neighbour relationships that link the two countries.
“We will remain neighbours forever despite our differences,” the minister told Dubai TV.
- UAE, Belarus discuss bilateral cooperation - Feb 22, 2012
- UAE reiterates its commitment to nuclear safety - Jun 22, 2011
- UAE, Sudan sign agreement for investment protection - Apr 05, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE-Vietnam discuss economic relations - Sep 07, 2012
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE,Canada discuss relations - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
- UAE, Netherlands discuss relations - Sep 07, 2012
- UAE launches 'Aviation Encyclopedia' - Feb 26, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
Tags: foreign affairs, gargash, iran minister, mature state, minister of state, mohammed, negotiations, neighbours, new strategy, political strategy, relationships, three islands, united arab emirates, vd, wam