UAE, Sudan discuss cultural, sports cooperationMarch 10th, 2008 - 7:04 pm ICT by admin
Abu Dhabi, March 10 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Monday said it wants to widen bilateral relations with Sudan in the best interest of the two peoples, WAM news agency reported. This was conveyed by UAE Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development Abdul Rehman Al-Owais to the visiting Sudanese Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports Mohammed Youssef Abdullah on the sidelines of the “Treasures from Sudan” exhibition in the UAE capital.
Abdullah told WAM that Khartoum was keen on expanding relations with the UAE in the areas of culture and sports and added that he and the UAE minister had useful exchange of ideas in the field.
He said the exhibition, which was inaugurated Sunday by Sudanese President Omer Hassan Al Bashir, is being staged for the first time outside Europe and the US and is an indication of Sudan’s keenness to build cultural relations with the UAE.
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE, Sudan sign agreement for investment protection - Apr 05, 2011
- UAE keen to open consulate in Kerala - Jul 18, 2011
- UAE joins African Union as observer - Mar 26, 2011
- Patil meets UAE president - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE, Lebanon discuss cooperation in education sector - Oct 21, 2011
- UAE president hails Indian community's contribution (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- Sudan against holding talks with Juba over oil - Apr 21, 2012
- Equatorial Guinea to host African Union summit - Jun 25, 2011
- Sudan's president warns protesters of 'incinerating summer' - Jul 12, 2012
- US, UAE discuss bilateral ties - Sep 10, 2011
- UAE seeks better relations with Chile - Feb 23, 2012
- UAE,Poland discuss cooperation - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, al bashir, best interest, bilateral relations, cooperation, hassan, khartoum, minister of culture, mohammed, news agency, omer, owais, sidelines, sudan exhibition, sudanese minister, sudanese president, two peoples, uae, united arab emirates, youssef