UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012March 16th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, March 15 (IANS/WAM) Short films produced in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will participate in the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, an official said.
The Abu Dhabi Film Commission Thursday called for submissions for short films by UAE filmmakers to be screened at the Short Film Corner during the Cannes festival.
For the third straight year, the film commission will submit up to 20 short films to the Short Film Corner at the Marche Du Film.
The films will also be screened at the Abu Dhabi Pavilion for film professionals from around the world.
“Short films have become an increasingly important way for filmmakers from the UAE to gain worldwide exposure,” said Abu Dhabi Film Commission director David Shepheard.
“Short films provide calling cards for filmmakers’ talent and creativity, and having the ability to have your film seen by potentially thousands of film professionals at the Cannes Film Festival and Marche du Film is a valuable opportunity we are pleased to offer,” he said.
The Festival de Cannes will be held May 16-27.
- German embassy to organise UAE filmmakers' visit - Jan 23, 2012
- 15 tonnes of waste collected from UAE seabed - Apr 30, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- UAE to give awards for service to nation - Mar 28, 2011
- 1,500 trees planted in Abu Dhabi - Mar 14, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE business team visits Shanghai - Apr 01, 2012
- 29 Bangladeshis held in UAE - May 15, 2011
- UAE, Japan hold bilateral talks - May 30, 2011
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012
- Emirates Korean Film Festival begins - Apr 07, 2012
- UAE officials meet US, Chinese envoys - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE football team qualifies for London Olympics - Mar 15, 2012
- UAE president fractures arm - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, calling cards, cannes festival, cannes film festival, creativity, director david, festival de cannes, film commission, film corner, film professionals, filmmakers, marche du film, short film, short films, submissions, united arab emirates, vm, worldwide exposure