UAE releases over 80 prisonersJuly 20th, 2012 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Ajman, July 19 (IANS/WAM) The rulers of the emirates of Ajman and Umm Al Qaiwain have ordered the release of more than 80 prisoners in total ahead of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, ruler of Ajman, ordered the release of 52 prisoners of various nationalities for their good conduct as well as memorising chapters of the Quran while serving their jail terms.
Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla, ruler of Umm al-Qaiwain, ordered the release of 30 prisoners from punitive and reformative institutions in the emirate.
The inmates who were facing deportation will be sent back to their home countries.
Both rulers expressed hope that this will give them the opportunity to join their families and live the rest of their lives as good individuals.
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE emirate to release 162 prisoners in Ramadan - Aug 01, 2011
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- Indian sports complex's foundation laid in UAE - Jan 12, 2011
- Ajman ruler issues decree on e-Government - Jun 17, 2012
- Sharjah ruler pardons 173 prisoners - Jan 13, 2012
- Kalam, Vayalar Ravi visit UAE - Jan 25, 2011
- Wipro discusses cooperation with UAE - Apr 28, 2010
Tags: emirate, emirates, facing deportation, good conduct, home countries, inmates, institutions, jail terms, mu, nationalities, prisoners, quran, ramadan, rashid al nuaimi, ruler, rulers, saud, sheikh, vd