UAE reiterates support to Myanmar MuslimsJuly 14th, 2012 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 13 (IANS/WAM) The UAE Friday reiterated its support to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference call for protecting Muslims in Myanmar.
Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan discussed the plight of Myanmar Muslims with Secretary General of the OIC Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu.
Abdullah stressed the need for an emergency meeting of the UN Human Rights Council to discuss the situation and to take decisive action to stop the violence against Muslims.
- UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Luxembourg opens embassy in UAE - Nov 22, 2011
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE, Brazil seek closer trade ties - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- UAE, France discuss defence cooperation - Jul 12, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE reiterates support to UN's Libya mission - Mar 25, 2011
- 36 UAE diplomats sworn in - Aug 04, 2012
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince, British PM discuss bilateral ties - Jun 12, 2010
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, conference call, decisive action, foreign minister, human rights council, muslims, myanmar, oic, organisation of the islamic conference, plight, secretary general, snb, un human rights council, violence against, vm, wam, zayed al nahyan