UAE offers special plane to BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:24 am ICT by admin
PPP leader Makhdoom Amin Fahim told reporters that Benazir had requested a meeting with President Nahyan to thank him for the facilities provided to her during her stay in the UAE.
Fahim said that Bhutto had thanked the UAE ruler for the offer and added that she would travel by a chartered plane.
However, sources said that Bhutto has decided to honour the offer and would travel to Karachi on the plane offered by President Nahyan.
The fathers of both the leaders, late President N Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, had developed very close friendship when the latter was Prime Minister of Pakistan, The Nation quoted sources, as saying.
This relationship contributed towards the successful reconciliation bid between Benazir Bhutto and Musharraf, when both met in Abu Dhabi, they added. (ANI)
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE sends plane to Oman to bring home injured citizens - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Over 540 prisoners set free in UAE - Jan 25, 2011
- UAE congratulates new Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE congratulates Spanish king on World Cup win - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, benazir bhutto, chartered plane, fahim, khalifa bin zayed, prime minister of pakistan, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh zayed bin sultan, sheikh zayed bin sultan al nahyan, uae president, zayed bin sultan, zayed bin sultan al nahyan, zulfiqar ali bhutto