UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29August 23rd, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 23 (IANS/WAM) UAE Justice Minister Hadef Joan Al Dhahiri said the moon sighting committee will hold its meeting after the Maghreb (evening) prayer Aug 29, it was announced Tuesday.
He called on the Sharia courts to inform the committee after sighting the moon.
Muslims all over the world fast during the day in the holy month of Ramadan that will culminate with Eid ul-Fitr, which is celebrated after the sighting of the new moon.
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE sets up panel to sight Ramadan moon - Aug 07, 2010
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE charity distributes Iftar meals in Gaza - Aug 17, 2010
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011
- UAE charity to pay for deportation of 200 inmates - Sep 06, 2010
- UAE, US discuss legal cooperation - Aug 16, 2011
- UAE, Algeria to hold bilateral talks Tuesday - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
- UAE, Britain seek cooperation in judicial matters - Apr 12, 2011
- UAE mulls tobacco tax - Jan 24, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host GCC monetary agencies meet Thursday - Mar 09, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host aviation expo - Feb 04, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, dg, eid, eid ul fitr, evening prayer, hadef, holy month of ramadan, justice minister, month of ramadan, moon sighting, muslims, ramadan, sharia courts, sighting of the new moon, snb, wam uae