UAE leads in HSBC Global Trade Confidence IndexMay 4th, 2010 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, May 4 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates leads the list of countries in the latest HSBC Trade Confidence Index.
According to the index, business sentiment globally showed an overall positive outlook with an average global reading of 116 on a scale of 0 to 200, with a reading of 100 regarded as neutral. Emerging markets were more optimistic - scoring an average of 122 points - over developed markets, which had an average score of 106 points.
The UAE scored 134 in the index - the highest score among all countries surveyed.
The HSBC Trade Confidence Index is an opinion survey covering over 5,100 importers and exporters in 17 countries - including key economies in the Asia-Pacific region, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Mexico, the UK and the US.
“The latest HSBC Trade Confidence Index is showing growing confidence in the state of global and regional trade, indicating that exporters and importers might be seeing the start of an economic recovery,” said Simon Cooper, CEO of HSBC Middle East.
- US-UAE trade reaches record high of $18 bn - Feb 11, 2012
- Nasdaq Dubai trading volumes reach highest level since 2007 - Apr 11, 2010
- UAE, US hold talks - Jan 17, 2012
- UAE to adopt new foreign trade policy - Sep 02, 2010
- Culture, education helping Arab-China relations: UAE daily - Dec 30, 2011
- UAE holds talks with Italy, Cambodia, Germany - Jun 11, 2011
- Chinese firms eye India for business - Feb 22, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE ranked 23rd innovation-based economy globally - Jul 04, 2012
- Emirates Post issues stamps on Arab Postal Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE's Kizad, HSBC sign global partnership agreement - Mar 08, 2011
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- Dubai exported products worth $800 mn in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- UAE, Saudi Arabia fulfilled Japan's 59 percent oil needs - Jul 05, 2011
- UAE to participate in 16 international trade fairs - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, asia pacific region, business sentiment, confidence index, dg, economic recovery, emerging markets, global trade, highest score, hsbc, importers, index business, list of countries, opinion survey, positive outlook, regional trade, saudi arabia, simon cooper, sy, united arab emirates