UAE holds talks with Italy, Cambodia, GermanyJune 11th, 2011 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, June 10 (IANS/WAM) Top officials of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have held separate bilateral talks with Italian, Cambodian and German authorities, officials said.
The UAE-Italian Joint Economic Committee held a meeting to discuss the increase of trade between the two countries.
Mohammed Ahmed Al-Shehhi, undersecretary at the UAE ministry of economy, said the Italian side expressed keen interest in promoting cooperation with the UAE’s public and private sectors.
Meanwhile, Sheikha Lubna Al-Qassimi, UAE minister of foreign trade, met visiting Cambodian secretary of state at the ministry of foreign affairs and international cooperation, Ouch Borith, and discussed ways to promote trade, investment and tourism.
The UAE minister said the Gulf region is now a gateway for trade between the East and the West.
On his part, the Cambodian official said the UAE is one of the major markets for his country’s exports.
In another meeting held in Berlin, UAE Ambassador to Germany Mohammed Ahmed Al-Mahmoud held a meeting with a group of German parliamentarians led by Joachim Hoerster, chairman of the Arab Affairs Committee.
The meeting discussed ways to promote political and economic relations between the Gulf region and Germany.
The two sides also discussed the latest developments in the Middle East.
- UAE,Canada discuss relations - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE minister gets lifetime achievement award in US - Jan 27, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Norway, Denmark, Hungary - Dec 15, 2011
- UAE-Libya discuss bilateral relations - Jun 30, 2012
- UAE, Malaysia discuss ways to promote trade - Jan 31, 2011
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE, Algeria discuss bilateral ties - Apr 07, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss parliamentary cooperation - Dec 28, 2011
- UAE holds bilateral talks with Iran, Italy - Jun 28, 2011
- UAE, Oman discuss trade barriers - Jan 25, 2012
- UAE, US seek closer ties - Mar 23, 2011
- UAE, Sweden eyes close energy ties - Oct 24, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: affairs committee, ahmed, arab affairs, bilateral talks, economic relations, german authorities, german parliamentarians, hoerster, international cooperation, italian side, joint economic committee, keen interest, mahmoud, ministry of foreign affairs, mohammed, public and private sectors, trade investment, uae minister, undersecretary, united arab emirates