UAE hails Yemen’s efforts for reformsMarch 25th, 2012 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
Geneva, March 24 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has welcomed Yemen’s current efforts to attain security, stability and build a unified state in which law and social justice can prevail.
Obaid Salem Al Zaabi, permanent representative of the UAE to the UN and other international organisations in Geneva, told the 19th regular session of the Human Rights Council that efforts made by Yemen deserve commendation.
He also said they deserved support from the UN Council to enable Yemen pursue inclusive reforms of building effective institutions, promoting the state of law and upholding human rights.
- UAE seeks end to human rights violations in Palestine - Mar 23, 2011
- UAE official addresses UNHRC on trafficking - Jun 25, 2012
- UAE condemns Myanmar violence - Aug 30, 2012
- UAE participates in ILO conference - Jun 01, 2012
- UAE seeks membership of UN Human Rights Council - Mar 04, 2011
- UAE-Libya discuss bilateral relations - Jun 30, 2012
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE to nominate itself to UN Human Rights Council - Jun 02, 2010
- UAE committed to strengthen global counter-terrorism strategy - Jul 01, 2012
- UN lauds UAE's contributions during disasters - Sep 21, 2012
- UAE, Netherlands discuss relations - Sep 07, 2012
- UAE-Vietnam discuss economic relations - Sep 07, 2012
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012