UAE establishes diplomatic ties with Saint Kitts and NevisJune 18th, 2010 - 5:47 am ICT by IANS
New York, June 18 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saint Kitts and Nevis have established diplomatic relations at ambassador level.
Both nations signed a joint communique Wednesday at the UN headquarters establishing the diplomatic relations.
Ahmed Al-Jarman, UAE’s permanent representative to the UN, and Delano Frank Bart QC, Saint Kitts and Nevis’ permanent representative to the UN, signed the document.
The communique said the governments of the UAE and Saint Kitts and Nevis will promote cooperation between the two countries in political, economic, social, humanitarian, cultural and scientific areas based on the principles of the UN Charter of international law.
The Saint Kitts and Nevis is a two-island nation and smallest country in the Americas.
- UAE, Jamaica establish diplomatic relations - Mar 05, 2011
- UAE establishes diplomatic ties with Marshall Islands - Jun 05, 2010
- UAE, Honduras discuss bilateral relations - Dec 11, 2011
- UAE committed to strengthen global counter-terrorism strategy - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE calls for global cooperation for Somali people - Mar 11, 2011
- UAE pledges $1 mn for Palestine refugees - Dec 08, 2010
- UAE calls for greater efforts to tackle Somali piracy - Nov 13, 2010
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011
- UAE seeks end to human rights violations in Palestine - Mar 23, 2011
- UAE, UN aid agency explore cooperation - Aug 10, 2012
- UNHCR hails UAE's humanitarian efforts - Apr 19, 2012
- UAE condemns Myanmar violence - Aug 30, 2012
- Emirati-Swiss friendship forum opens in Switzerland - Jun 23, 2011
- UAE, Japan discuss energy cooperation - May 25, 2012
- UAE reiterates support to UN's Libya mission - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: ambassador, bart, charter, cooperation, delano, diplomatic relations, diplomatic ties, governments, island nation, jarman, kitts and nevis, nevis new york, qc, saint kitts and nevis, smallest country, snb, united arab emirates, wam