UAE distributes 250 tonnes of aid at Libya-Tunisia borderApril 2nd, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, April 2 (IANS/WAM) Over 250 tonnes of medicines and food supplies have been distributed by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to refugees at the Libya-Tunisia border, an official said.
Nearly 700 tents at the Ras Jdir camp managed by the UAE relief team were capable of sheltering up to 7,000 displaced people.
Abdul Rahman Ibrahim Abdul Aziz, head of the relief team, said the humanitarian efforts were taking place in coordination with the Tunisian Red Crescent Authority, the International Committee of the Red Cross and other international humanitarian organisations.
Thousands of displaced and stranded Libyans as well as migrant workers continue to arrive at the border area, officials said.
- UAE continues to offer succour to Libyan refugees - Mar 15, 2011
- UAE sends 40 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Libyan refugees - Mar 19, 2011
- UAE sends 735 tonnes of supplies for Libyan refugees - Apr 16, 2011
- UAE sends relief material for displaced Libyans - May 21, 2011
- UAE continues to help refugees on Libyan-Egyptian border - Mar 13, 2011
- UAE to assist Tunisia's deaf and dumb - Mar 30, 2011
- UAE gives equipment to hospital on Libya-Tunisia border - Mar 14, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE's new envoy takes charge in Libya - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE charity, Oxfam to help displaced Pakistanis - Nov 30, 2010
- UAE charities seek to expedite Somalia relief efforts - Jul 25, 2011
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE troops distribute aid in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2010
- UAE quake aid to Turkey - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, border area, coordination, food supplies, humanitarian efforts, international committee, libya, libyans, medicines, migrant workers, red crescent, refugees, tents, tonnes, tunisia, tunisian, united arab emirates, vm, wam