UAE charity hands out food aid in PalestineAugust 13th, 2011 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 13 (IANS/WAM) A charity from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has distributed thousands of food parcels to people in Palestinian camps.
The Khalifa Bin Zayed Humanitarian Foundation, as part of its Ramadan aid programme, helped out 19 Palestinian camps in the West Bank, said an official from the UN Relief and Works Agency.
Around 2,880 parcels - or 7,200 kg of fresh meat - were distributed to around 17,280 people, while 100 kg were distributed to orphans in Bethlehem’s Children Village.
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- 200,000 Palestinians helped by UAE group - Sep 14, 2010
- UAE charity distributes food in Palestine - Aug 06, 2011
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- UAE to have special village for orphans - Jul 05, 2012
- Khalifa Foundation distributes food in Africa - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE to release 676 prisoners to mark Ramadan - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, bethlehem, charity, food aid, food parcels, fresh meat, humanitarian foundation, kg, khalifa bin zayed, orphans, palestine, palestinian camps, ramadan, united arab emirates, wam, west bank