UAE charity group holds iftar in 19 countriesJuly 29th, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, July 28 (IANS/WAM) The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment has carried out Ramadan iftar programmes for the poor in 19 countries, including India and Pakistan, to provide families with food packages for entire month.
A total of 1,026 Muslim families in Palestine, 258 in Iraq, 978 in Egypt, 500 in Mauritania, hundreds in Somalia, 1,000 in Afghanistan, 477 in Pakistan, 8,580 in India, 4,300 in Japan, and hundreds more in eight African countries, Canada, the US and Haiti received Ramadan food packages from the Establishment.
This was stated by Ibrahim Bumelha, the vice-chairman of the board of trustees of the establishment.
- Khalifa Foundation distributes food in Africa - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE continues to help refugees on Libyan-Egyptian border - Mar 13, 2011
- Dubai Cares seeks to help girls in developing nations - Aug 02, 2011
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- UAE, Belarus discuss bilateral cooperation - Feb 22, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- Somalia hails UAE's humanitarian efforts - Sep 16, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- Abu Dhabi varsity to promote multicultural harmony - May 30, 2012
- UAE emirate to release 162 prisoners in Ramadan - Aug 01, 2011
- Foreign minister to lead UAE delegation to NATO summit - May 20, 2012
- UAE charity sends emergency aid to Somalia - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,