UAE charity distributes meat in 60 countriesNovember 16th, 2010 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Nov 16 (IANS/WAM) A charity in the UAE has begun distributing sacrificial meat in 60 countries on the eve of the Eid-ul-Azha, it was announced Tuesday.
The Red Crescent Authority (RCA) in coordination with the UAE embassies abroad has launched the initiative to boost solidarity with friendly countries, especially those suffering from natural disasters, the RCA said.
Saleh Mousa Al Tayie, acting deputy secretary general for relief affairs at the RCA, said the project aims to provide help to the needy. He said over 150,000 people will benefit from the project.
- UAE's RCA distributes sacrificial animals in Syria - Nov 07, 2011
- UAE charity gives out sacrificial meat in 42 countries - Nov 20, 2010
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE telethon raises $11 mn for flood-hit Pakistan - Aug 27, 2010
- UAE aid vessel arrives in Karachi - Dec 14, 2010
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE, Australia exchange extradition documents - Aug 10, 2011
- UAE, Britain hold joint aid workshop - Apr 08, 2011
- Pakistan hails UAE aid - May 04, 2012
- UAE begins new humanitarian mission in Pakistan - Apr 17, 2011
- Abu Dhabi, Canada discuss judicial cooperation - May 24, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE helps 5,000 Somalians return - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- UAE to attend World Bank-IMF meeting - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, acting, charity, coordination, deputy secretary general, eid, embassies, eve, initiative, mousa, natural disasters, rca, red crescent, sacrificial meat, saleh, snb, solidarity, suffering from, ul, wam