UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in ThailandAugust 10th, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Bangkok, Aug 9 (IANS) Food, clothes and 34 tonnes of dates donated by UAE charities have been distributed to displaced Myanmar Muslims in Thailand.
The effort is aimed at helping the refugees during Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr. The distribution was overseen by the UAE embassy in Bangkok.
The Khalifa Bin Zayed Humanitarian Foundation, Red Crescent Authority (RCA), Sharjah Charity Association and Dar Al Ber Society supported the project.
- UAE volunteers celebrate Eid with Syrian refugees - Aug 20, 2012
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE's RCA distributes sacrificial animals in Syria - Nov 07, 2011
- UAE charity to pay for deportation of 200 inmates - Sep 06, 2010
- Ramadan to begin August 11: UAE astronomer - Jun 21, 2010
- UAE charity helps poor Palestinians - Aug 19, 2012
- Khalifa Foundation distributes food in Africa - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- UAE charity distributes food in Palestine - Aug 06, 2011
- UAE charity distributes meat in 60 countries - Nov 16, 2010
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
- Pakistan hails UAE aid - May 04, 2012
Tags: charities, charity, clothes, eid, eid ul fitr, embassy in bangkok, humanitarian foundation, khalifa bin zayed, muslims in thailand, ramadan, rca, red crescent, refugees, sharjah, snb, thailand bangkok, tonnes, uae embassy, ul