UAE begins production at offshore gas fieldMay 5th, 2008 - 6:46 pm ICT by admin
Umm Al Qaiwain (UAE) May 5 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has started producing gas from the offshore field located 20 km off Umm Al Qaiwain (UAQ) emirate, WAM news agency reported Monday. According to UAQ Crown Prince Sheikh Saud Bin Rashid Al Mulla, up to 92 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of wet gas has been produced from the well as of last Friday.
The gas would be transported through an undersea pipeline for processing to the Rakgas plant in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah (RAK).
Development and operation of the Umm Al Qaiwain offshore gas is being carried out by Field Atlantis (UAQ) Limited, a subsidiary of Sinochem Corporation.
The UAQ field’s unmanned gas exploration facility has been set 110 ft under water.
It has been designed to produce up to 92 mmscfd of wet gas. The unrefined gas, which is equivalent to crude petroleum, will be refined before supply to the northern emirates gas grid.
“The gas will contribute to the energy needs of the new industries in RAK and for its people. We are looking forward to a long and fruitful cooperation between Umm al Qaiwain, Atlantis and Ras al Khaimah,” said Ahmed Eissa al Naeema, general manager of the UAE’s Ras Al Khaimah Gas Commission (Rakgas LLC).
- Heart disease awareness campaign begins in Dubai - Apr 14, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE launches armoured vehicle facility - Apr 05, 2012
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- RAK Airways keen to operate more flights into Kerala - Aug 02, 2011
- 'Operate more flights between India, Ras Al Khaimah' - Jul 01, 2011
- More flights between Ras Al Khaimah, Indian cities demanded - Jun 28, 2011
- Indian firm helps build water park in UAE - Sep 25, 2010
- UAE signs air services deal with Britain - Feb 16, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: crown prince, crude petroleum, cubic feet, eissa, emirate, fruitful cooperation, gas exploration, gas grid, mmscfd, northern emirates, offshore field, rak, ras al khaimah, sheikh saud, sinochem, uaq, undersea pipeline, united arab emirates, wam news agency, wet gas