Typhoon Nesat kills three in ChinaOctober 2nd, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 2 (IANS) Three people were killed in typhoon Nesat in southern China, a media report said Sunday.
They died when their houses in Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region collapsed Saturday in the strong winds, the Shanghai Daily reported quoting an official.
Massive flooding caused by the storm also cut off five highways in the region. A bridge in Qinzhou city was destroyed after being hit by three boats.
Over 1.82 million people in Guangxi have been affected by typhoon Nesat, which made landfall Friday, the civil affairs ministry said in a statement.
- 300,000 evacuated as typhoon lands in south China - Sep 29, 2011
- Typhoon Kai-Tak causes havoc in China (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- 470,000 evacuated as typhoon Nesat lashes China - Oct 01, 2011
- Philippines typhoon toll reaches 43 - Sep 30, 2011
- China braces for tropical storm Nock-Ten - Jul 29, 2011
- 175 killed in China floods - Jun 20, 2011
- 16,000 evacuated in China amid flooding fears - Jun 30, 2011
- Over 850,000 evacuated due to China storms - Aug 05, 2012
- 14 missing after houses collapse in China - Jun 15, 2010
- Typhoon kills four, affects millions in China (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Over 150,000 Chinese evacuated as Typhoon Megi approaches - Oct 22, 2010
- China issues disaster warning ahead of super typhoon Megi - Oct 19, 2010
- Six held for sex attack on teenaged Chinese girls - Dec 31, 2011
- Typhoon Muifa kills at least 10 in North Korea - Aug 10, 2011
- Typhoon Nesat kills 31 in Philippines - Sep 28, 2011