Typhoon Mirinae kills at least 30 in VietnamNovember 4th, 2009 - 12:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hanoi, Nov 4 (IANS) Typhoon Mirinae killed at least 30 people and left eight missing in the central Vietnamese provinces of Phu Yen, Binh Dinh and Khanh Hoa, a media report said Wednesday.
An official committee for flood, storm prevention and control of Phu Yen province said that at least 21 people died, two went missing and 13 others were left injured by the typhoon, Xinhua reported.
Over 9,000 houses were damaged in the storm and thousands of people rendered homeless in the province of Phu Yen and Binh Dinh. A large area of Phu Yen province was under the flood water, the report added.
The National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting said that the typhoon has now downgraded into a tropical low pressure hovering around the central Vietnamese provinces.
- Toll in Vietnam typhoon rises to 81 (Lead) - Nov 04, 2009
- Vietnam storm toll rises to 109 - Nov 06, 2009
- 16 dead, 38 injured in Vietnam floods - Sep 10, 2012
- 27 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Death toll from Typhoon Bolaven in North Korea reaches 59 - Sep 06, 2012
- Tropical storm Ketsana kills 11 in Vietnam - Sep 29, 2009
- 10 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam - Aug 19, 2012
- 48 dead in Vietnam flood - Oct 08, 2010
- Floods leave 17 dead in Vietnam - Sep 28, 2009
- Typhoon Ketsana kills over 160 in Vietnam - Oct 05, 2009
- 11 dead in Vietnam from hand-foot-mouth disease - Mar 15, 2012
- Death toll reaches 38 after Typhoon Talas hits Japan - Sep 05, 2011
- UN chief condoles Philippines typhoon victims - Dec 20, 2011
- Typhoon Talas leaves at least 18 dead in Japan - Sep 04, 2011
- 27 dead, 50 missing in typhoon Talas in Japan - Sep 05, 2011