Two US soldiers killed in Iraqi bomb attacksApril 19th, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by admin
Baghdad, April 19 (Xinhua) Two US soldiers were killed in separate bomb attacks in Iraq, a US military statement said here Saturday. “A soldier assigned to the Multi-National Division-Baghdad was killed when his vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb Friday during a combat patrol just north of Baghdad,” the statement said.
Also Friday, a second soldier assigned to Multi-National Division-North was killed when a booby-trapped car went off near his patrol in Salahudin province, the statement added.
The latest deaths bring the number of US military causalities in Iraq to 4,038 since the war in Iraq broke out in 2003, according to a media count based on Pentagon figures.
Meanwhile, the US military has warned that Al Qaeda militants have entered Baghdad to carry out suicide bomb attacks inside the capital.
“Credible intelligence gathered by Multi-National Division-Baghdad indicates that Al Qaeda in Iraq is planning suicide bomber attacks in Baghdad against the Iraqi people in the near future,” a military statement said.
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Eight soldiers die in Yemen car bombing - Jul 24, 2011
- 15 die in Iraq - Jul 23, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 10 killed, 30 injured in Iraq twin terror attack - Jul 28, 2011
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- 25 killed in Iraq truck bombing - Jul 03, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Four killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 11, 2011
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011