Two US kids die after mother locks them in cupboard for ten hoursSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 5:26 pm ICT by ANI
Indianapolis, Sep 23(ANI): Two American children have died after their mother allegedly locked them in a six feet long and two feet wide cupboard with their three siblings for over ten hours.
Edyan Farah explained that she had locked her children - a seven-year-old girl, five-year-old twin girls, a three-year-old boy and an 11-month-old baby - in the small cupboard in their Indianapolis home on Sunday.
When she came back after ten and a half hours after visiting a friend, she found her five-year-old daughter Zuhur and three-year-old son Zakariya ’stiff and unresponsive’.
Somalia-born Farah then failed to call emergency services and the deaths were only discovered when a friend became concerned about her behaviour.
The friend called Farah’s uncle, who looked through the window and saw a child’s body lying on the sofa.
The 28-year-old has been charged with two counts of neglect resulting in her children’s death
It is believed that she told police that she was ‘not in her right mind’ at the time of the incident.
Lieutenant Jeff Duhamell said that the three surviving children are now in foster care.
“It’s just a very, very sad case,” The Daily Mail quoted Duhamell, as saying.
“It’s one of the worst ones I’ve seen - to be placed in a closet approximately 18in by 6ft and a bed pushed up against it for a minimum of ten hours. We think possibly a lot longer and probably not for the first time,” he added.
Farah is due to appear in court on Thursday. (ANI)
- Three-year-old girl gunned down by four-year-old boy in US - Jul 31, 2010
- Stefani finds peace in closet - Dec 08, 2011
- Roberts holidaying in Ireland - Aug 16, 2012
- Farah, Savinova named European Athlete Of The Year - Oct 06, 2011
- Four-year-old boy shoots three-year-old girl - Jul 31, 2010
- Three-year-old rescued from borewell in Gurdaspur, dies in hospital - Jun 03, 2010
- Child left alone in school bus, dies - Aug 05, 2011
- US girl made to 'run to death' over candy bar - Feb 24, 2012
- Russian kid found living with cows - Jul 28, 2012
- Woman commits suicide with two kids, lover - Jul 25, 2012
- Roberts made life-long friends while shooting 'Eat Pray...' - Sep 23, 2010
- Peter Andre upset with daughter's straightened hair - Feb 02, 2011
- Couple Find Medieval Shaft beneath Sofa - Aug 30, 2012
- Helena Bonham Carter collects false teeth - Dec 24, 2010
- Brangelina's son taking pilot lessons - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: cupboard, daily mail, deaths, emergency services, farah, foster care, half hours, indianapolis, lieutenant, lying on the sofa, month old baby, neglect, old girl, sad case, siblings, six feet, somalia, twin girls, two feet