Two Tripura militants killed, five surrenderSeptember 24th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Sep 24 (IANS) Two tribal separatist guerrillas have been killed in a shootout with security forces in Tripura, while five militants have surrendered in separate incidents, officials said here Wednesday. A police spokesman said security forces came under fire late Tuesday from a group of outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants at north Tripura’s Kanchanpur, 140 km north of Agartala.
“Two extremists were killed while others managed to escape. Some weapons were recovered from the dead militants,” said police spokesman Nepal Das.
Meanwhile, in two separate incidents in north and south Tripura, five NLFT cadres surrendered to security forces along with some weapons.
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Tripura guerrillas abduct eight villagers - Jul 20, 2011
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Militants abduct 11 labourers in Tripura - Dec 08, 2010
- Official killed in militant ambush in Tripura - Jan 31, 2011
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Congress, INPT conspiring to oust Left in Tripura' - Jun 25, 2012
- Tripura Congress, CPI-M trade charges of wooing militants - Jun 27, 2012
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Guerrilla killed in Tripura - Mar 11, 2012
- Militants take abducted Tripura villagers to Bangladesh - Jul 24, 2011