Two-thirds of Americans trust ObamaApril 15th, 2009 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr. 15 (ANI): Two-thirds Americans fully trust President Barack Obama’s ability to take right decision for the problems faced by the United States, according to a poll.
Just three months into his presidency, Barack Obama already stands out as the most trusted figure in American politics, the Politico reports. According to the Public Strategies Inc./POLITICO national survey, Obama became the most trusted politician, with two-thirds of respondents saying they trust the president “to identify the right solutions to the problems we (Americans) face as a nation.” Out of thousand registered voters, 31 percent said they trust him “a great deal.” An additional 35 percent said they have “some” trust that Obama will find the correct solution. Thirty-one percent said they trust Obama either “not very much” or “not at all.” The options before the voters were– the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Republican Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, former Massachusetts Republican Gov. Mitt Romney, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Palin attracted the highest percentage of those who did not trust her at all to identify the right solutions, topping Pelosi 33 percent to 32 percent.
Only 26 percent said they trust Pelosi, the lowest total in the group. Romney got a mixed reaction, with 38 percent of voters saying they trust him and 39 percent saying they don’t. Obama also ranked as one of the most credible voices on the economy, outdistanced only by Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates. Voters also showed trust in the president to do what is best with the approved funds.
When asked who they trust most to ensure that the stimulus is being spent as intended, 54 percent said the Obama administration, while only 21 percent said Congress and 26 percent answered the media.
The number of respondents who said the federal government is headed in the right direction surged to more than half, 54 percent. (ANI)
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Harris Poll finds that Bush is still blamed for meltdown - Apr 08, 2010
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Obama leads Romney in 3 swing states - Aug 02, 2012
- Americans will re-elect Obama president, but only if Palin stands against him, finds poll - Sep 28, 2010
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Obama, Romney tied in presidential race: Poll - May 23, 2012
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Romney leads 2012 Republican presidential bid field - Mar 20, 2010
- Obama's popularity rising, Palin's falling for 2012 Presidential elections: Poll - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: americans trust, barack obama, bill gates, chairman bill gates, conservative radio host, correct solution, house speaker nancy pelosi, microsoft chairman bill, microsoft chairman bill gates, mitt romney, nancy pelosi, national survey, public strategies inc, registered voters, republican gov, right decision, right solutions, rush limbaugh, sarah palin, speaker nancy pelosi