Two terrorists killed, arms recovered from Myanmarese nationalJune 29th, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala/Aizawl, June 29 (IANS) Two tribal separatist guerrillas were killed in a shootout with security forces in Tripura, as the police in Mizoram Sunday claimed to have recovered a huge haul of arms and ammunition from a Myanmarese national. Agartala/Aizawl, June 29 (IANS) Two tribal separatist guerrillas were killed in a shootout with security forces in Tripura, as the police in Mizoram Sunday claimed to have recovered a huge haul of arms and ammunition from a Myanmarese national.
A police spokesman said the security forces came under fire from a group of National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants near Ampinagar, 80 km south of capital Agartala, late Saturday.
“Two militants were killed while others managed to escape,” police official Nepal Das said.
A cache of arms and ammunition, including two Chinese grenades, was recovered from the slain rebels.
Meanwhile, police in Mizoram seized a huge quantity of weapons and ammunition from two people, including a Myanmarese national. Cash amounting to Rs.350,000 was also recovered from them.
“We were informed about the arms dealing at a house in Aizawl. Laying a trap, our covert agents had a chance to contact the arms dealers and finally arrested them with a large cache of fire arms, including 19 AK-47 rifles, a Chinese pistol, explosive materials and 8,000 (rounds of) ammunition,” a police official said.
Few days back, CID sleuths had arrested eight separatists of the Bru Liberation Front of Mizoram (BLFM) and Dema Halam Doagah (DHD), a Dimasa tribe-based ultra-group, with an AK-47 from the outskirts of Aizawl.
“After interrogating the BLFM and DHD rebels, we got the secret information about the arms, smuggled from Myanmar,” the official told IANS.
- 10 people abducted by rebels in Tripura, Mizoram - Jun 08, 2011
- Guerrilla killed in Tripura - Mar 11, 2012
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - May 31, 2011
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Mizoram postpones return home of refugees from Tripura - Nov 30, 2010
- NIA grills Myanmarese arms smugglers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Mizo refugees repatriation from Tripura in balance - Nov 23, 2010
- 20 Mizoram militants surrender with arms - Sep 09, 2010
- Chidambaram to review law and order in Tripura, Mizoram - May 16, 2011
- Four held, stolen money seized - Aug 24, 2012
- Reang refugees' return to Mizoram stalled again - May 16, 2012
- Chidambaram's Mizoram visit cancelled due to bad weather - May 18, 2011
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Crackdown against illegal Myanmar immigrants launched - Sep 19, 2010
Tags: agartala, ak 47, ammunition, covert agents, explosive materials, fire arms, grenades, militants, mizoram, national liberation front, outskirts, police official, police spokesman, rebels, rifles, secret information, security forces, separatist guerrillas, separatists, tripura