Two terrorists held over deadly attack in RussiaMay 31st, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 31 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Two members of a militant group, which launched a deadly attack in the southern Russian city of Vladikavkaz in September 2010 that killed 17 people, were arrested Tuesday, officials said.
More than 200 others were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a car near the city’s central market last year.
Mikail Khashagulgov and Magomed Daurbekov are believed to be two of the five people earlier established as possible organisers of the attack. They were detained in the North Caucasus region of Ingushetia.
Terrorist attacks targeting security forces have become common in the North Caucasus republics - particularly in Ingushetia, Dagestan and Chechnya. Vladikavkaz is the capital of North Ossetia which borders Chechnya and Ingushetia.
- Russian jailed for bombing that killed 19 - Apr 27, 2012
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010
- Six militants killed in Russia - May 13, 2012
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills seven at funeral - Aug 19, 2012
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Five injured in Russia blast - Oct 24, 2010
- Gunmen attack investigators' car in Russia - May 22, 2010
- 30 injured in blast in Russia - Aug 18, 2010
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Russian terror crimes down by 50 percent - Feb 15, 2012
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: borders, caucasus republics, chechnya, dagestan, dg, ingushetia, militant group, north caucasus region, north ossetia, organisers, ria novosti, russia moscow, russian city, s central, security forces, suicide bomber, terrorist attacks, terrorists, vladikavkaz