Two Taiwanese drug dealers sentenced to death in ChinaNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 24 (Xinhua) Two Taiwanese drug dealers have been sentenced to death by a court in China’s eastern province of Fujian, officials said Monday.Chien Chih-Cheng and Chen Ming-Hsiung were among eight Taiwanese citizens sentenced last week for their role in trafficking more than 12 kg of heroin from Myanmar, an official of the intermediate people’s court in provincial capital Zhangzhou said.
Chien and Chen led a gang that bought 39 packets of heroin from Myanmar in early September and sold four of them for 400,000 yuan ($60,000) in the southern city of Shenzhen, which borders Hong Kong, according to the police.
The gang had planned to take the rest of the heroin to Taiwan but a storm stranded their fishing boats in the Fujian port of Zhangzhou.
Police later arrested 13 people in Fujian and neighbouring Guangdong province in October.
Other six Taiwanese and five Chinese nationals were given jail terms ranging from 12 years to life.
The heroin catch was the largest amount of the banned drug seized by Fujian police in the past three years.
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- Chinese policeman jailed for life over bribe - Jun 15, 2012
- Chinese man dies of bird flu - Dec 31, 2011
- Four tonnes of drugs destroyed in China - Jun 03, 2012
- No top post for Chinese officials with family abroad - Apr 27, 2012
- Taiwan's former first lady, children sentenced for corruption - Sep 01, 2009
- Chinese mafia ring busted, 58 held - Jun 19, 2012
- China arrests 2,200 in crackdown on organied gangs - Sep 16, 2011
- China executes South African woman for drug smuggling - Dec 12, 2011
- Two get death penalty for selling 46 infants - Sep 28, 2010
- French citizen gets death for drug trade in China - Aug 09, 2010
- Leader of Chinese organized crime group sentenced to life imprisonment in NY - Feb 17, 2010
- Two drug traffickers receive death penalty in China - Aug 08, 2010
- Chinese court backs death sentence for gang boss - May 25, 2010
- 21 jailed in China for telecom fraud - Jul 22, 2011