Two suspects questioned by cops in connection with Brit-Indian shopkeeper’s murderNovember 29th, 2010 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): Two suspects held on suspicion of stabbing a Brit-Indian shopkeeper to death as his daughter watched on the store’s CCTV system, have been questioned today by detectives.
The 48-year-old shopkeeper, Suppiah Tharmaseelan, was pronounced dead at his convenience store in Birmingham on Saturday night after being found with stab wounds following the attack.
Police had arrested a man and a woman, both in their 20s, yesterday morning on suspicion of his murder.
The Independent quoted a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police as saying that detectives were hunting for a number of suspects seen running from the College Road corner shop after the attack.
“Four men were seen running from the shop and there are two people in custody so we are still looking for suspects and appealing for information,” she added.
Abid Hussain, owner of a takeaway store on the same street, said that the shopkeeper’s daughter informed police after witnessing the horrible sight on CCTV camera.
“I spoke to a relative of his wife outside the shop this morning and he told me the daughter was watching the CCTV upstairs and she saw it all happening. I heard she was the one who called police. I can’t imagine how she must feel, and his sons,” he added.
Hussain also claimed he had been told by police that the victim was stabbed three times and died instantly. (ANI)
- Brit-Indian shopkeeper's murder watched by teenage daughter on CCTV - Nov 29, 2010
- Four Britons held guilty of murdering Asian man - Nov 12, 2011
- British boy abducted from mall, raped - Aug 22, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Florist,72, kills robber in Britain - Jul 31, 2011
- Agra student found murdered - Dec 07, 2011
- British police release CCTV footage of rioters - Aug 11, 2011
- Three Britons held for running over Asian-origin kids (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Woman takes away safe under skirt in $49,000-theft - Jun 03, 2011
- Murder in outer banks, Nathan Summerfield arrested - Aug 17, 2012
- Mentally challenged Chinese kills US businessman - Jul 13, 2012
- Guest house owner arrested for shoplifting - Jan 19, 2011
- Constable chases own shadow on CCTV prompting - Feb 08, 2012
- Man stabs bus driver over loud TV - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: attack police, cctv system, convenience store, cops, detectives, four men, horrible sight, london, man and a woman, saturday night, shopkeeper, spokeswoman, stab wounds, suspicion, three times, upstairs, west midlands police, yesterday morning