Two suspected SIMI members in Kerala sent to judicial custodyOctober 7th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Oct 7 (IANS) Two suspected members of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), picked up by a special investigating team (SIT), were remanded to judicial custody by a court here Tuesday.The two, identified as Abdul Hakkim and Shameer, were arrested Monday and interrogated by a team headed by deputy inspector general T. Vinod Kumar at the Police Club.
They were produced at the Paravur magistrate court which remanded them in judicial custody for 14 days.
The two had allegedly taken part in a SIMI meeting at Wagamon in Idukki district of Kerala in December 2007 where the plan to bomb several places in the country was made, according to the police.
They were arrested earlier for taking part in a SIMI meeting near Aluva in Kochi in August, 2006.
Following a series of terrorist strikes across the country in recent months, the Kerala police last month constituted the SIT as reports indicated SIMI activists had met in Wagamon ahead of the serial bomb blasts.
- NIA chargesheets 30 SIMI activists in Kerala - Jan 13, 2011
- Judicial custody of Italian marines extended till May 11 - Apr 30, 2012
- Two more get bail in ship hit-and-run case - Apr 10, 2012
- Italian marines case: Kerala Police file chargesheet - May 18, 2012
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012
- Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended - Apr 02, 2012
- Italian marines sent to Central Jail (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Police to question Italian crewmen for three days (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- 'No joint examination of weapons seized from Italian ship' - Feb 29, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Fishermen shooting: Two Italians' police custody extended - Feb 23, 2012
- SIMI activist nabbed in Gujarat - Jul 27, 2010
- Happy Italians are being treated well: Mistura - Feb 23, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- SIMI's former president nabbed at Kochi airport - Jun 25, 2011