Two shot dead in beauty parlourSeptember 28th, 2011 - 11:50 am ICT by IANS
Guatemala City, Sep 28 (IANS/EFE) Two women were fatally shot at a beauty parlour in the Guatemalan capital, a police official said.
Jaime Otzin, head of the national police, said the women were killed by a pair of armed robbers.
The assailants, identified as Henry Barreda and Manuel Aguilar, were apprehended by police while attempting to flee.
The salon’s receptionist, Rosmery Mendez, and an unnamed customer died in the incident, Otzin said.
More than 340 women have been murdered so far this year in Guatemala, a country of around 14 million people, while 608 of the 5,548 people slain in the Central American country in 2010 were female.
- Guatemalan cop accused of holding teen as sex slave - Aug 18, 2012
- Priest gunned down in Guatemala - Jan 28, 2012
- Guatemala busts gang blamed for 18 rapes - Jun 09, 2012
- Thieves target reporters covering Guatemalan president - Mar 17, 2012
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Four killed in Guatemala violence - Jul 28, 2010
- Over 100 trafficked people rescued in Mexico - Nov 15, 2010
- Politician slain in Guatemala - Jan 14, 2012
- Five dead in Guatemala landslide - Jul 23, 2010
- Former lawmaker shot dead in Guatemala mall - Jan 20, 2011
- Guatemalan sentenced to over 6,000 years in prison - Mar 14, 2012
- Guatemala arrests former top cop for killings - Mar 24, 2012
- Guatemalan judge escapes assassination attempt - Dec 31, 2011
- Mob in Guatemala kills man who murdered two kids - Sep 13, 2012
- Marathi actor arrested in Goa parlour raid - Sep 07, 2012