Two police officers among 12 killed in ChechnyaAugust 29th, 2010 - 3:53 pm ICT by IANS
Grozny, Aug 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Two police officers and 10 militants were killed Sunday in a shootout in the ancestral village of Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov.
The shootout took place in Chechnya’s Kurchaloyevsky district. Kadyrov said bodies of the 10 killed militants were found at the scene, adding that the militants were being identified.
“Currently servicemen and police are scouring the nearby forest. The situation is stable and controllable,” he said.
Russia’s North Caucasus republics, in particular Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia, have seen frequent attacks on police and officials.
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Four militants killed in Chechnya operation - Sep 21, 2012
- At least four dead after shooting in Russia's Chechen parliament - Oct 19, 2010
- Boys born on late Chechen president's birthday get cash - Aug 26, 2011
- Five policemen among seven killed in Chechnya suicide blasts - Aug 31, 2011
- Russia's Chechnya, Ingushetia involved in land grabbing row - Aug 27, 2012
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Blast rocks Russia's North Caucasus - Nov 26, 2010
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- Three killed in militant attack on Chechen parliament - Oct 19, 2010
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010
- Russia's Chechnya to help reconcile split couples - Mar 21, 2012
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- Six policemen killed in Russia attack - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: ancestral village, caucasus republics, chechnya, dagestan, frequent attacks, grozny, ingushetia, militants, nearby forest, north caucasus, police officers, ramzan kadyrov, ria novosti, russia, snb, vm