Two Pakistanis killed four women, sliced their bodies (Lead)April 24th, 2012 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 24 (IANS) A rickshaw driver in Pakistan’s Karachi city and his aide have been arrested for killing four women and a six-year-old child and then slicing their bodies into pieces, police said Tuesday, unravelling details of the macabre crimes.
The crimes unfolded over several months, police officials said, announcing the arrest of Muhammad Rafiq, who targeted women passengers travelling alone on his rickshaw.
Rafiq was arrested along with his aide from Karachi’s Soldier Bazar area.
He would kidnap and kill them after allegedly raping them. He would cut up their bodies into pieces and dump them in different areas of the city, reported Online.
“He has confessed to killing four women,” a senior police officer said.
He added that after slaughtering the women, the serial killer would dismember the bodies and dump them.
Stuffed in plastic bags, three bodies of women have been found from Guru Mandir, Soldier Bazar and M.A. Jinnah Road over the past three months.
Officials quoted Rafiq as saying that a six-year-old child was among those murdered by him.
Rafiq hails from Sukkur city of Sindh province.
Police were clueless about motive behind the grisly murders, attributing it to “mental instability”.
Geo News reported that the body of Nasreen had been found in March. Her body had been finely cut up and dumped in four places.
Police investigation led to the killers who had used Nasreen’s phone till March 26, 16 days after she was killed.
- Two Pakistanis held for killing women, cutting up bodies - Apr 24, 2012
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Serial killer arrested in Ahmedabad - Mar 05, 2011
- Soldier torches to death wife, children - Aug 11, 2011
- Man held for chopping wife into three pieces - Jun 30, 2010
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Brazilian cannibals made home movie of crimes - Apr 17, 2012
- 49 mutilated bodies found on Mexican highway (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Teenaged hitman who beheaded victims held in Mexico - Dec 04, 2010
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- Man killed, beheaded in Ranchi - Sep 11, 2012
- Horror in Karachi: Torture cells, knives to cut limbs - Sep 09, 2011
- Pakistani girl films grisly murder of her lover - Feb 16, 2011
- Canada launches hunt for man who mailed body parts - May 31, 2012
- Crossbow cannibal Stephen Griffiths sentenced to life - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: april 24, crimes, four women, geo news, grisly murders, guru, jinnah road, karachi city, killers, mental instability, motive, muhammad rafiq, pakistanis, plastic bags, police investigation, police officer, police officials, rickshaw, serial killer, three months