Two militant leaders killed in RussiaJune 28th, 2012 - 12:03 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 28 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The alleged leaders of two insurgency groups in Russia’s Dagestan republic have been eliminated, officials said.
The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said Magomed “Al-Bara” Abdusalamov was shot dead near Khuchni, with no casualties among the law enforcement officials.
Abdusalamov, the alleged head of the “Izberbash gang”, was transporting in his car a powerful bomb made from a 100-litre barrel filled with explosives, which was defused by a bomb squad.
In the second incident, police shot dead Nazhmudin “Abu-Zeit” Nazhmudinov, the leader of the “Tsumada gang”.
A policeman was killed and two others wounded during the gun-battle, along with Nazhmudinov’s woman aide Zarema Ramadanova, who also fired at the officers.
- Russian jailed for bombing that killed 19 - Apr 27, 2012
- Six militants killed in Russia - May 13, 2012
- Two terrorists held over deadly attack in Russia - May 31, 2011
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Car blast kills four in Russia - Jan 27, 2011
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Four killed in combat chopper crash in Russia - Sep 09, 2012
- Muslim cleric shot dead in Russia - Jun 14, 2011
- Policeman killed in Russia bombing - Aug 02, 2012
- Police investigate Anzhi terrorism claims - Aug 18, 2012
- Hiddink slams UEFA ban for Anzhi home arena - Jul 13, 2012
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- 11 militants killed on Georgia-Russia border - Aug 30, 2012