Two killed in US college shootoutApril 11th, 2009 - 3:16 am ICT by IANS
Chicago, April 11 (Xinhua) Two people were shot and killed Friday at a community college in the US state of Michigan, media reports said.
A man and a woman were found dead in a classroom in Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, the police said.
In this apparent murder-suicide, the man was the aggressor who came into the room with a shotgun, officials said.
Some students trapped inside the building were evacuated by police.
The college released an e-mail alert for its students and faculty members shortly after the shooting.
“Armed police officers are on campus near the Fine Arts building. If you are on campus, lock down your classrooms and offices immediately. Do not leave until cleared to do so,” the e-mail said.
No further details were immediately available.
- Northern Michigan University Threat Resolved - Feb 03, 2011
- Gunman at University of Connecticut campus kills self after standoff - Jul 25, 2012
- Four Buildings Of Ohio State University Evacuated After A Bomb Threat E-mail - Nov 17, 2010
- Gunman opens fire at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, Michigan - Apr 11, 2009
- Day one at DU: New students get a feel of campus - Jul 23, 2012
- Texas college campus on lockdown after gunfire near McKinney police station - Aug 17, 2010
- Gunman kills seven at California religious college - Apr 03, 2012
- Oklahoma City Community College is under a lockdown - Feb 27, 2010
- Wave Tech Community College put on lockdown due to a gunman on the prowl - Jan 24, 2012
- Anti-ragging vigil as Delhi University opens Wednesday - Jul 20, 2010
- University At Buffalo Raises Gunman Scare - Feb 17, 2010
- Texas college campus on lockdown after gunfire, at least 1 dead - Aug 17, 2010
- Northwestern University defends live sex demo on campus - Mar 03, 2011
- McKinney, TX Campus of Collin College on Lockdown: Active Shooter Incident, Possible DOA - Aug 17, 2010
- Girl beheaded in Ranchi college - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: aggressor, apparent murder, armed police, dearborn, e mail, faculty members, fine arts, ford, ford community college, henry ford, henry ford community college, mail alert, man and a woman, michigan media, murder suicide, police officers, shotgun, state of michigan, xinhua