Two killed in Russian trainer plane crashDecember 4th, 2011 - 7:22 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A pilot instructor and his student were killed in a crash of a trainer aircraft in southern Russia Saturday.
The single-engine plane operated by the local air club “Dostupnoye Nebo” (accessible sky) crashed outside Rostov-on-Don in the afternoon.
Technical malfunction was cited as a preliminary cause, said rescue services and transport investigators.
The federal aviation watchdog said the plane had lost speed and fell into uncontrollable spin, according to preliminary investigation.
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jan 24, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Pilot dies in Czech plane crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Plane crash kills four in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Syrian rebels shoot down MiG - Aug 14, 2012
- Poor quality fuel cause of Russian plane crash? - Sep 08, 2011
- Two die in Russian helicopter crash - Feb 06, 2011
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Russia, neighbours to hold air defence drills - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: engine plane, federal aviation, investigators, moscow, pilot instructor, plane crash, preliminary investigation, ria novosti, rostov on don, russian trainer, sky, southern russia, technical malfunction, trainer aircraft, watchdog